Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love

I’m not a huge movie buff, but every now and again the husband and I like to catch a great movie.  We’re actually pretty fair, I go see the movies he likes, he goes to see the movies I like, and certain movies we’re both interested in so everyone’s happy.  However, every now and again depending on the movie I rather see it by myself.  For Sex and the City 2 I headed out first thing on a Saturday morning and I had a couple rows to myself.  It was great!  I think I’m going to do the same for Eat, Pray, Love.  I have an Apple TV so I see movie previews a lot of times before they are airing regularly on TV.  That said, when I saw Eat, Pray, Love I had to mark my calendar.  This movie looks great.  From what I can tell Julia Roberts’ character has constantly been trapped in relationships and she heads out on a quest to find herself.  I think I will enjoy all the food scenes in Italy (I’m such a foodie) and I hope she finds true love.  I have a thing about movies that are adapted after a book.  I really like to read the book first.  I have a friend who read the book and she absolutely loved it and can’t wait to see the movie.  I’m going out today to buy a copy, but I won’t review the book until the movie comes out then I’ll do them at the same time.  Can’t wait…how about you?

4 comments:

  1. I have seen the preview of this movie and I'm looking forward to seeing it. This will be a movie that I won't make my husband come see with me. I plan on asking my girlfriends to go. As for the book, a lot of times the book is always better then the movie so depending on how I feel about the movie I may read the book...lol...
    Now since your already planing on reading the book I will hold off on that until I read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like Julia Roberts (don't really have a reason), but this movie piqued my interest. I know there is no way in the world I'll get my husband to check it out with me so it's probably gonna be a tv movie for me when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I am a new follower of your blog! Please subscribe back and check out my 6 current giveaways! Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    http://couponclippingnutritionist.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ZanTay the book is REALLY good. You may want to check it out before the movie.

    @Ms. Understood I really don't care for her too much either and yet some of her movies are still some of my favs. I think this one may get added to that list too.

    @Amanda Thanks for the follow. I'm following you as well.

    ReplyDelete